Monday, July 21

Water play on a hot day!

I took the kids to a fountain/water play area in Wilsonville today. Fun! We met my playgroup friends there and everyone had a great time splashing around and watching their crocs float down the little river. There is also water that shoots up from the ground at various intervals but it seemed the river was everyone's favorite.

Meredith and Kaitlin marching and singing together. (Kaitlin did have a cute little suit on until an unfortunate accident that forced me to put her in underpants instead. Ick!)
.
clockwise from top left: Brooklyn, Josie, George, Rylan and Jack
.
The only damper to our outing was the stand-off Kaitlin and I had in the bathroom. There was a lot of pleading: "please-go-potty-but-if-you-don't-have-to-go-now-that's-okay-we-can-go-when-we-get-home" which was followed by the insistent "no-I-have-to-go-now" and followed by the begging of "then-go!" It was endless! In fact it was 45 minutes (I am not even kidding) of these same words going around and around until finally something I said must have convinced her it was time to stop. Forty-five minutes of my day in a little stall in a true power struggle with my 3-year old and listening to the nonstop complaining of my 7-year old that he wanted to go home. Good times! She never did go potty there but did hold it until we got home and went in her own potty. I guess I should be glad because she actually is doing really well and is thisclose to being completely trained. It's just these bathrooms away from home that are throwing us for a loop!

2 comments:

  1. What a great park!! Looks perfect on a warm day with friends. :)

    Maybe Kaitlin needs a second, identical-to-her-favorite-at-home-potty to keep in the back of the car for longer trips out...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost did just that and, in hindsight, guess I should have! She actually did use the restroom once when we first got to the park, but I suspect she may have pottied while in the water (nice, huh?) and she really didn't have to go during our 45-minutes of fun.

    ReplyDelete