We have had the best dinnertime conversations lately! Maybe it's because the weather is nice and we've been eating outside and it's somehow conducive to interesting topics? I don't know but the one we had last night certainly was memorable. Case in point:
Somehow we got on the subject of babies (no, we are not having anymore). The kids are always interested in hearing stories about when they were babies and Erick was telling them how he was the first one to give them baths after they were born. Now Jack has always been a little vague about how he came into this world. He's said in the past, "Mommy and Daddy went to a big building and picked me up when I was ready." So last night I asked him how he got to this "big building." He said, "I popped out of the doctor's tummy!" Apparently he doesn't remember how Mommy had the big tummy before Kaitlin was born. Thankfully, the topic did not get steered towards how he and Kaitlin got into Mommy's tummy. I'm not quite prepared for that conversation.
No comments:
Post a Comment