Look, it's working!
Last night, around 7 p.m., our electricity went out for some reason. Luckily I wasn't in the middle of cooking or doing anything that required electricity so the timing was okay. Also, it wasn't stifling hot outside or else we really would have missed the a/c! Jack and Kaitlin, of course, had to test every light switch in the house even though I told them they wouldn't work. We even watched the PGE truck drive by our house 2-3 times (just stop and fix it already!!). So after we read by the dim outside light (note: must buy flashlights) they brushed their teeth and went to bed. Jack was fine with the dark, but Kaitlin immediately realized that her nightlight was not on. So I opened her shade a bit to let some of the light in but it was still pretty dark. Around 9:30 after Erick and I had gone to bed, I heard Kaitlin's little voice downstairs: "I don't like the dark!" After reassuring her that soon her nightlight would come on she finally went to sleep.
This morning, electricity has magically been restored! Kaitlin was happy to see her nightlight on and has turned on her bedroom light and lamp and also the bathroom light, just because she can! They must still be amazed that the electricity can be taken away so easily since I heard Jack say to Kaitlin as they were playing just a few minutes ago "oh no, the power is out, are you going to fix it?"

No comments:
Post a Comment