This is the conversation I had with my 3- (going on 13-) year old daughter yesterday.
[Kaitlin is sitting at the table finishing her dinner wearing just her underpants and I am at the sink doing the dishes]
K: Mommy, they're getting bigger.
S: What are getting bigger?
K: These. [I turn to see what she's point to.] What are they called?
S: Breasts. [Can you technically call them breasts on a 3-year old?]
K: Yes, my breast-es are getting bigger.
Did I mention she's only three?
This is almost as good as when Jack told me that I'll grow a "pee-pee" someday when he realized I didn't have one.
Yeah.
This age is so fun! Today at our pool playdate a friend was helping her 4yo daughter out of her bathing suit and into dry clothes when Thomas looked over and asked, "Does Tiana have a penis?" I'm used to this line of questioning and his endless chatter about his penis, but Tiana's mom and another mom are not. It was pretty funny!
ReplyDelete