Tuesday, July 29

Summer swim

The kids are now in their 2nd session of swim lessons for the summer. In the first session they both did really well. Kaitlin even graduated from Goldfish to Penguin (woo-hoo)! After verifying with her teacher that, yes, she was ready (bubbles and bobs were all she needed to do to pass) I switched her to the new level for the next two sessions. However, now that they're swimming in our neighborhood pool, which is outdoors, she's suddenly not as interested in putting her face in the water (why, I don't know). She is easily the youngest and smallest in her class which made me think maybe she really wasn't ready to move on. So after another conversation with her current teacher, we decided that she's still doing fine where she is and shouldn't move her back. She just seems more distracted in this pool! Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the weather has not been very July-like. I had signed them up to have lessons indoors in June and outdoors in July and August. June, when we were inside, the weather was terrific! And July? Let's just say Kaitlin's lips were practically blue after a lesson one day last week. We actually played hookie from class today because it was raining and 60 degrees. I am not sitting outside in the rain. I do have my limits as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment