
If Jack had his way, he would play Mario Kart on the Wii at every waking moment. But since we aren't going to let him do that, everything he talks about when he's not playing is, you guessed it, Mario Kart. He is currently drawing detailed pictures of all the track options along with descriptions. Here's a snipit of the conversation we just had:
.
S: Jack, you have a one-track mind!
J: No, Mommy, there are seven tracks that I'm drawing.
.
I'll bet you could have seen that one coming! I tried to explain what "one-track mind" means but he just kept telling me that there are seven. Okay, then! I love how kids this age take everything so literally! Many common phrases go right over their heads (oops, there's another one!). It gets a little exhausting trying to explain all the idioms of the English language but he'll get it someday. So for now, if it makes him happy, he can have a seven-track mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment