What month is this again?
No, that is not a misspelling and I wish I could say our thermometer is broken. It was 51 degrees this morning on this, Jack's first day of summer vacation. Maybe this is why it just seemed wrong that yesterday was his last day of school . . . it feels like winter out there! I remember last year at this time spraying sunscreen on him before he headed in to class. No need for that this year since most of his body parts are covered in long sleeved shirts and jeans. Sigh. Will summer ever come? I'm so ready for those lazy, sunny afternoons in the backyard with a good magazine, cool drink in hand, watching the kids playing in their little pool or speeding down the slip'n slide. I'm sure I'll also complain once it gets too hot (if it gets too hot), but for now I'll complain that I'm too cold.
So since it is summer vacation, I decided that we needed to go to the zoo today. We all nearly froze but it wasn't too crowded and the kids had fun. The highlights for the kids included the dinosaur exhibit (yes, dinosaurs at the zoo!), black bears, and sea otters. Apparently it is the year of the dinosaur here in Portland so since we had already seen some at OMSI it was time to see what the zoo had to offer. The dinosaurs we saw today moved around a little bit more and the T-Rex was a little bit too realistic (and LOUD), but I think we all liked this exhibit better. Here are pictures from our outing.
Bald eagles. Jack leading the way.
Fun in the farm yard.
Farmer Jack
Giddy-up! How much taller do I need to grow?
That T-Rex is REALLY loud! This penguin seemed to be checking Jack out.
Jack, world-famous controller of dinosaurs.










No comments:
Post a Comment