Monday, June 2

1st Grade Publishing Party & Puppet Show

There is just so much going on at Jack's school at the end of the year! Today was the first day of special activities with 4 more to come before school ends next week on the 10th. Wow, next week. I'll be happy to have a break from racing out the door every morning at 7:50 a.m. for a while!!
.
Today's event was his class's Publishing Party and Puppet Show. For about two months they have been dictating stories to Mrs. Staley, then she gives these pages to parent volunteers to type and print, then return to her to bind and "publish." All the kids are so proud of their books! It's so cute to read what 6-7 year olds come up with for stories. Jack's books were "Watching videos" (guess that is foremost on his mind!), "Disneyland," "Going to the race," and "The Cat." These are definitely keepers!
.

Now the puppet shows! Jack's reading group did their version of "The Three Pigs" and Jack was the wolf. As predicted, my homemade sock puppet did not completely stay together . . . one ear came loose. But it was still very cute and Jack did great with all his wolf lines. Kaitlin even piped in with her own "not by the hair of my chiny, chin, chin" after she heard one of the little pigs say this line during the show. This of course got a laugh from the whole room! I hope someday Kaitlin will be in Mrs. Staley's 1st grade class and we can say "remember when . . .?"

Puppeteers take their work very seriously!

And this has nothing to do with our activities today, but I love this time of year when I can cut flowers from our yard. Check out our lovely smelling roses and peonies! Too bad this isn't a "scratch & sniff" blog!

1 comment:

  1. Such fun end-of-year activities! I love the book publishing project. I'll have to do a version of that with Thomas sometime.

    So good to see you guys at the BBQ!! :)

    ReplyDelete