The time has finally come to say good riddance to the one virtually unchanged room of our house and also the most disliked. For the 10 years we've lived here we have somehow tolerated the lovely 60's era blue tile and always talked about one day ripping it out. We decided that this was 'the year of the bathroom' and either Erick was going to do it himself or we were going to hire it out. After much deliberation, we decided that we'd rather pay the money to have it done quicker than have Erick slave away all summer trying to get it done. Even though he is fully capable of doing it, he wants to actually enjoy the summer and not spend all his free time in our wee bathroom. I can't say I blame him!
Do you think there might be a smile under that mask? I don't think so either.
Wow, what a mess!
Erick spent Thursday, Friday and part of Sunday last week in 'demo' mode carting out bucket-loads of broken tile. And I got reacquainted with my old friend, Dust, who I hadn't seen since the Great Remodel of '05. Didn't really miss this particular friend and really wasn't too excited to see him again. But I'm thinking it will all be worth it after everything is done! Plus this won't take nearly as long to complete, thank goodness!
Not a trace of blue tile left! Now our bathroom is brown as Jack tells us.
So our remodeler started yesterday and it will be fun to see the progress each day. It's going to be a big improvement and we can't wait!
Oh, a new bathroom! How exciting! I can't wait to see it.
ReplyDelete