Over the weekend, I participated in my very first 5K race. About 2 months ago, during a trip to the Nike Outlet store, I picked up a pair of running shoes and decided that it was time to get some exercise. So I found a 5K race for motivation (part of the Run Portland Run Half Marathon) and got to running. At first I could barely run a mile without feeling lightheaded, but after a while I could make the whole 3 miles without too much trouble. Now I am very happy to say that I reached my goal of running in a race! Erick and Jim also ran it with me which was so fun. They were way ahead of me, but I didn't care, I was doing this for me. Plus my family got to cheer me in at the finish line. That was the best part.
"I was doing this for me" -- this is exactly why I run. I love that you did this. Congratulations on your first of many!
ReplyDelete