. . . it's HOT!
I'm not sure why "Oscar" is reading 123 degrees with rain in the forecast! He's confused since he's so hot and quite possibly melting.
Monday :: 103
Tuesday :: 106
Wednesday :: 107 (forecast)
No, I am not writing this from Arizona right now. Portland is in the middle of "the worst heatwave ever" according to a local meteorologist which puts us at the opposite end of the weather spectrum that we experienced in December (you can reminisce about it here and here). This means its too hot to eat outside, too hot for the farmer's market, and too hot sleep comfortably. Thank goodness for the A/C we installed two years ago! But since this is a house built in 1925 (apparently insulation was not a priority back then) the A/C makes it cool on the main level but does little to prevent us from baking upstairs. Friday the weather is supposed to drop to the 90's and then creep even lower by next week. Phew!
So we've been staying indoors a lot during the day and I let Kaitlin play in her pool after 4:30 in the afternoon when the house shades it completely. Yesterday I sat inside at the kitchen window and watched her as she splashed around. It was just too hot for me to sit out there with her! Jack is at the beach with Grandma this week and I hear the temps are somewhere around 75! Sounds heavenly and I'm wishing we were there too.
Kaitlin drawing swirls and drinking chocolate milk until the magic words are uttered . . .
. . . POOL TIME!
No comments:
Post a Comment