Tuesday, September 9

First day of preschool

It's official, Kaitlin is now a preschooler. She asked me almost daily this summer if she was going to school that day and finally, yesterday I was able to say "yes!" I can already see that she is going to be much more forthcoming with what she does at school than Jack is (with him it's like pulling teeth to get an answer to what he did at recess). She told me that she painted, played outside, went potty three times, saw a girl with a black and white hat, listened to a story, sang a song, had crackers for a snack (but didn't eat the fruit, because she doesn't like fruit) and that there is a boy named Owen in her class. Whew, sounds pretty busy to me!

And how did Mommy handle being alone for the first time in months? Just fine, thank you! I went grocery shopping (when I told Kaitlin this she said, "You went by yourself?" I guess she has a hard time imagining it too!), cleaned up the kitchen, vacuumed and answered a few e-mails. I like how I can get things done while everyone is at school, then I can spend more quality time with the kids when they're home. Being away from one another can be a good thing for everyone! It's going to be a good year.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it hilarious when they absolutely cannot fathom how we might actually do something on our own, like grocery shopping? Hooray for preschool!!

    ReplyDelete