Tuesday, May 6

Big girl bed!

Doesn't it just make you want to be a little girl again?

After ordering this bed and nightstand in early March, it has finally arrived! We have been talking a lot about Kaitlin's big girl bed and she loved to tell us she was going to have sheets AND a pillow! Fun stuff! We told her the only rule was that once she was in bed, she couldn't get out (we'll amend it, of course, when she's ready to be potty trained at night). So far, after a week she is still abiding by the rule, but it will be interesting to see how long it lasts!

I had originally bought a bed rail but quickly found it wasn't going to work on her bed. So I used the pool noodle trick that I had used previously on Jack's bed. I just tucked them under the mattress pad on either side, added a few extra pillows around her and she's cozy as can be! Although, I think I still have a fear that she's going to fall out. Last night as I was drifting off to sleep I was abruptly awoken to what I thought was a thump and a scream coming from her room. So I ran downstairs only to find her still tucked in and sleeping peacefully! I think I must have heard something out my open window. I guess it's going to take me longer to get used to her in a big girl bed than it is for her!


No comments:

Post a Comment