School is in-session
I bought workbooks for them to work on each day. With Jack, I have him also read a few chapters from a book then he either has to tell me about what he read or I have him write out answers to some questions. Kaitlin and I read books together and she points out words she knows (like and, the, in). Since they also are participating in the library's summer reading program, this also helps them reach their goal of completing their reading charts.
Looking for "Ichiro"
To add a little more fun, I've found a word find generator site (here) to make personalized word finds for Jack and a site to print out connect-the-dots sheets for Kaitlin (here). There are so many cool sites with learning games and activities that I'm sure I'll find even more things to keep their interest all summer. They probably don't even realize that they are learning while they do these!
Keeping busy and learning. A good combo for summer (mommy) sanity.
Love it! Great idea, Shannon. I hope the kids continue to enjoy it all summer long; I think they will!
ReplyDelete