Wednesday, April 23

It's about time!

So I've had this blog account since September 2007 and am just now getting around to, well, blog! I'm hoping to record tidbits from our day-to-day lives which I think will be fun to look back on.

We recently took the kids to Disneyland so here are some pictures from our California trip as well as Kaitlin on her 3rd birthday.

A character breakfast with Chip n Dale and friends. Jack loved all the characters but Kaitlin was less than pleased. She finally allowed this big bear to sit next to her, but wouldn't look at him.


Ahh, familiar characters.

Splash Mountain, here we come -- or maybe not. We've decided that Jack has magical powers as he "willed" the ride to break down right as they were about to hit the ramp to take them to the top for the big drop . . . he had just told Erick he didn't want to go up and the whole ride stops. Lucky kid!

So we had just run all the way from Fantasyland at Disneyland, weaving our way through the parade going on, out across the plaza to California Adventure Park to catch the 4:15 showing of Playhouse Disney, Live on Stage, when we are told all the shows had been cancelled for the day!! Luckily we were able to see the Pixar Play! parade and were able to see Lightning McQueen as well as a giant Mr. Potato Head in person.

Mr. Daredevil and this crazy ride . . . picture the "strength test" at a carnival where you have to hit the hammer and try to ring the bell -- this is the ride, minus the hammer and significantly bigger. With no warning, they are shot up in the air then freefall, then bounce up and down a few times more. No thanks!


Kaitlin is 3 years old!


2 comments:

  1. Shannon-Your blog is gr8-better than mine (I have none!).
    Love the pic's of Disney. What an awesome when you have kids their ages (or even our age)!
    I look forward to seeing more postings in the future and maybe I'll be inspired to get one going too.
    Love you, Erick and kids-Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 3rd Birthday, Kaitlin!!

    ReplyDelete