Jack writing a review of what he did at work with Daddy.
[I like work. I am going to etch those words in stone to show Jack again when he is asked to find his first job.]
Last Thursday was Take Your Child To Work Day and this was the first year Erick has taken Jack. Daimler has had company-wide events for this day in the past, but this year it was up to the departments if they wanted to participate. There were eight kids including Jack who "worked" and got a glimpse of office work in Erick's department. And while he may not have gotten a completely realistic view of what Daddy does at work everyday, I know it was a fun day for the two of them.
Here's a sampling of their day:
8 a.m. - Donuts and milk in the conference room
9 a.m. - Scavenger hunt
10 a.m. - Catapult competition
11 a.m. - Self-portrait drawings on mural-sized paper
noon - Lunch (Erick took Jack to Grand Central Bakery)
2 p.m. - Quiet time (included homework time for Jack and maybe a little work completed by Erick, which, per Jack, involved "talking on the phone and typing on his computer")
3 p.m. - Walk to McDonalds for ice cream cones
Isn't this how you imagine all days at work to be like? Which is why the claim by Jack was made: I like work.
No comments:
Post a Comment